Bowers & Wilkins is one of the most dependable brand names when it comes to high-end audio systems. For years the brand has been recognized by audiophiles throughout the world as equipment that delivers clear and consistent quality in music.
What are the specs for the 803D?
- Technical Features:
- Free-mounted diamond dome tweeter Nautilus™ tube tweeter loading Quad magnet tweeter motor Kevlar® brand fibre cone FST™ midrange Rohacell® cone bass Dual magnet bass driver motor Matrix™ cabinet Flowport™
- 3-way vented-box system
- Drive Units:
- 1x ø25mm (1 in) diamond dome high-frequency 1x ø150mm (6 in) woven Kevlar® cone FST™ midrange 3x ø180mm (7 in) Rohacell® cone bass
- Frequency Range:
- -6dB at 28Hz and 33kHz
- Frequency Response:
- 35Hz - 28kHz ±3dB on reference axis
- Within 2dB of reference response Horizontal: over 60º arc Vertical: over 10º arc
- 90dB spl (2.83V, 1m)
- Harmonic Distortion:
- 2nd and 3rd harmonics (90dB, 1m) <1% 50Hz - 100kHz <0.5% 90Hz - 100kHz
- Nominal Impedance:
- 8Ω (minimum 3Ω)
- Crossover Frequence:
- 350Hz, 4kHz
- Recommended Amplifier Power:
- 50W - 500W into 8Ω on unclipped programme
- Maximum Recommended Cable Impedance:
- Height: 1164mm (45.8 in) (not including feet) Width: 306mm (12 in) Depth: 457mm (18 in)
- Net Weight:
- 41kg (90 lb)
- Cherrywood, Rosenut, Piano Black Gloss, Black Cloth
What else to know about the 803D?A new model for the 800 Series, the 803D brings diamond dome technology to a less technical looking piece of furniture than the larger 'headed' models.\ \ Here the FSTâ„¢ midrange driver is housed in its own isolated section of the beautifully curved, Matrixâ„¢ braced main cabinet, which is kept as narrow as possible in order to optimise the dispersion of sound.\ \ In order to have a similar bass output capability to the wider 802D, the 803D uses three RohacellÂ® cone bass drivers, this time supplemented by a front-firing Flowportâ„¢. Like all of our dedicated bass-only drivers, the basic rigidity of the radiating area is enhanced by our novel 'mushroom' construction, a girder-like component that supports the central area of the dustcap.\ \ Although we talk about the three different drive unit types and how each is optimised for its particular frequency range, it is the way these speakers behave as a whole that impresses. It doesn't matter if the programme is music or film, the naturalness and realism portrayed by these speakers is uncanny.
Brief History of Bowers & Wilkins
Other Bowers & Wilkins Products We Often Buy
Typically, StereoBuyers purchases mostly used amplifiers, especially the vintage amps and high-end Bowers & Wilkins models.
StereoBuyers has purchased tens of thousands worth Bowers & Wilkins brand equipment since 2014, with individual buys ranging from $100 to well over $50,000. If you are moving, ready to upgrade, or have Bowers & Wilkins equipment you do not or will not be using, why not contact us today to find out if it is worth good money?
If you are interested in selling your used Bowers & Wilkins equipment to us in the greater NYC area or Colorado, please click here to fill out a Free Quote Form and we will get back to you. If we agree on terms, we come to meet you where you want, and pay cash.
The following images show actual Bowers & Wilkins equipment purchased by StereoBuyers.