Krell is one of the most dependable brand names when it comes to high-end audio systems. For years the brand has been recognized by audiophiles throughout the world as equipment that delivers clear and consistent quality in music.
What are the specs for the Krell KCT?
- 2 pr. CAST (Lemo) 2 pr. Balanced (XLR) 3 pr. Single-ended (RCA)
- Main Outputs:
- 2 pr. CAST (Lemo) 1 pr. Balanced (XLR) 1 pr. Single-ended (RCA)
- Zone 2 Outputs:
- 1 pr. Balanced (XLR) 1 pr. Single-ended (RCA)
- Tape Loop:
- 1 pr. Single-ended Inputs (RCA), 1 pr. Single-ended Record Outputs (RCA), Buffered, with Programmable Zone
- Control Inputs:
- 1 RS-232 Input (9-pin D-subminiature Connector) 1 RC-5 Input (1/4-inch Coaxial Connector) 1 12V Trigger Input (3.5mm Connector)
- Control Outputs:
- 3 Individually Programmable 12V Triggers (3.5mm Connector), 1 Krell Remote Link (5-pin DIN Connector)
- Power Inputs:
- 1 IEC AC Mains Receptacle
- Power Outputs:
- 1 ±20V DC for KPE (9-pin D-subminiature Connector)
- Voltage Gain:
- 12 dB (Balanced Output), 6 dB (Single-ended Output)
- Current Gain:
- 12 dB (CAST Output)
- Volume Controls:
- 16-bit Discrete R-2R Ladder (Main Zone) 16-bit Multiplying DAC (Zone 2)
- Input Overload:
- 12 mA RMS CAST 12 V RMS Balanced or Single-ended
- Output Overload:
- 7 V RMS Single-ended 14 V RMS Balanced 14 mA RMS CAST
- Frequency Response:
- 0.4 Hz-220 kHz ±0.1 dB (Main Zone) 0.1 Hz-1.5 MHz ±3 dB (Main Zone) 0.9 Hz-100 kHz ±0.1 dB (Zone 2) 0.4 Hz-400 kHz ±3 dB (Zone 2)
- THD Plus Noise:
- <0.005% 20 Hz-20 kHz Balanced or Single-ended <0.004% 20 Hz-20 kHz CAST
- 19w x 4.5h x 14.5d in., Weight 23lbs
What else to know about the Krell KCT?The KCT features Krell Current Tunnel topology and Krell CAST technology, which work together to reproduce music with unparalleled sound quality. The KCT has dual zone capability for listening to music from different input devices at the same time, or listening to one input device while recording another. Each zone has its own volume and balance control. Step-by-step menu options allow you to customize the KCT for ease of use and seamless integration into your system. Remote control features include a handheld remote control, which accesses all preamplifier functions as well as the compact disc functions on Krell compact disc players. The KCT also features Krell Link, RS-232 and 12 VDC (12 Volt trigger) remote control inputs for a variety of system control options. A menu-driven program remote option allows you to send KCT operating commands to a learning or programmable remote control. A front panel display provides feedback on input and zone status, menu function and selection, and all preamplifier operations.
Brief History of McIntosh
Long mapped-to Binghamton New York – the current headquarters and manufacturing center for Krell Labs – not many people know the brand was originally launched outside of the Nation’s Capital in Silver Spring Maryland, in 1949. In 1956, the brand built their original facility in New York, according to the official brand website.
StereoBuyers has purchased tens of thousands worth Krell brand equipment since 2014, with individual buys ranging from $100 to well over $50,000. If you are moving, ready to upgrade, or have Krell equipment you do not or will not be using, why not contact us today to find out if it is worth good money?
If you are interested in selling your used Krell equipment to us in the greater NYC area or Colorado, please click here to fill out a Free Quote Form and we will get back to you. If we agree on terms, we come to meet you where you want, and pay cash.
The following images show actual Krell equipment purchased by StereoBuyers.