Bryston is one of the most dependable brand names when it comes to high-end audio systems. For years the brand has been recognized by audiophiles throughout the world as equipment that delivers clear and consistent quality in music.
What are the specs for the 2B?
- Power output:
- 60 watts per channel 8 ohms, 100 watts per channel 4 ohms, 200 watts bridged mono 8 ohms
- Power Bandwidth:
- 0.5 Hz to > 500 kHz(1)
- Slew Rate :
- > 60 Volts per microsecond(1)
- Total Harmonic Distortion:
- < 0.01 %, 20 Hz - 20 kHz(1)
- Intermodulation Distortion:
- < 0.01 %, 10 milliWatts to 50 Watts(2)
- Below noise, 20 Hz - 20 kHz @ 50 Watts(1)
- 100 dB below full output(1)
- 0.775 Volts for 60 Watts @ 8 Ω(1)
- Input Impedance :
- 50k Ω unbalanced(1) 10k Ω balanced(1)
- Damping Factor :
- Over 500 @ 20 Hz ref. 8 Ω(1)
- Power Consumption and Heat Load:
- Idle Current 58 Watts(1) Stereo 8 Ω (50 Watts ea.) 286 Watts(1) Stereo 4 Ω (100 Watts ea.) 498 Watts(1) Bridged 8 Ω (200 Watts) 504 Watts(1) Maximum Wattage 504 Watts(1) Maximum heat dissipation 304 Watts / 1037 Btu/Hr(1)
- Dimensions (W x D x H) :
- 19 x 9.9 x 1.75 in.(1)
- 18 lbs
- Bridging switch(1) Over 250 sq. in. of heatsinking(1) Regulated power supplies to all voltage gain stages(1) Each channel separated back to the line cord(1) Dual colour pilot lights and clipping indicators; green changing to red at clipping(1) Will deliver full output to any phase angle at 4 Ω and higher(1)
What else to know about the 2B?Watts 60 watts per channel, 8 ohms 100 watts per channel, 4 ohms 200 watts, bridged, 8 ohms Harmonic Less than 0.01% from 20Hz to 20kHz at 60 watts distortion IM distortion Less than 0.01% from 10 milliwatts to 60 watts Noise 100dB below full output Crosstalk Below noise 20Hz to 20kHz at 50 watts Slewing rate Greater than 60 volts per microsecond Power bandwidth .5Hz to over 100kHz Damping factor Over 500 at 20 Hz, ref. 8 ohms Input sensitivity 0.75 volt in for full output 50k and impedance 40k - balanced Features Bridging switch Over 1600cm2 of heatsinking; over 3200cm2 with chassis Regulated power supplies to all voltage gain stages Each channel separated back to the linecord Dual-colour LED pilot lights for each channel, indicating green at normal levels, flashing red at clipping Will deliver full output to any phase angle at 4 ohms or higher Gold-plated RCA jacks Balanced or unbalanced input Dimensions 19 x 1.7 x 10 inches, 48.25 x 4.44 x 25.4 cm, wt: 18 lbs, 8 kg
Brief History of Bryston
Founded in 1976 by the Lanois brothers (including Grammy award winner Daniel Lanois) and Bob Doidge, Grant Avenue Studio is a recording and mixing facility based in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada that also provides mastering and tape transfer services. The hallowed rooms within the stately converted early 1900's Edwardian home on Grant Avenue have seen numerous recording legends such as Gordon Lightfoot, Bruce Cockburn, Ian Thomas, U2, Johnny Cash, Los Lobos and countless others. Bob Doidge became sole owner of the studio in 1985 and touts Hamilton as a cultural gem just Southwest of Toronto on the shores of Lake Ontario.
Other Bryston Products We Often Buy
Typically, StereoBuyers purchases mostly used amplifiers, especially the vintage amps and high-end Bryston models.
StereoBuyers has purchased tens of thousands worth Bryston brand equipment since 2014, with individual buys ranging from $100 to well over $50,000. If you are moving, ready to upgrade, or have Bryston equipment you do not or will not be using, why not contact us today to find out if it is worth good money?
If you are interested in selling your used Bryston equipment to us in the greater NYC area or Colorado, please click here to fill out a Free Quote Form and we will get back to you. If we agree on terms, we come to meet you where you want, and pay cash.
The following images show actual Bryston equipment purchased by StereoBuyers.