Audio Research is one of the most dependable brand names when it comes to high-end audio systems. For years the brand has been recognized by audiophiles throughout the world as equipment that delivers clear and consistent quality in music.
What are the specs for the Audio Research CD2?
- Analog Outputs:
- Balanced XLR 4.2V RMS (+12.5dBv) max. Single-Ended RCA 2.1V RMS (+6dBv) max.
- Output Impedance:
- 350 ohms BAL, 175 ohms SE.
- Frequency Response:
- 0.1-20,000Hz ± 0.2dB
- Signal to Noise Ratio:
- -90dB (.003%) 1kHz
- Channel Separation:
- 100dB 1kHz
- Digital Outputs:
- 1. XLR Balanced AES/EBU 110-ohm 4V P-P. 2. BNC coax SPDIF 75-ohm 0.7V P-P. 3. TOSLINK fiber optical-19dBm, 660nm. 4. (Optional) ST-type glass fiber optical -12dBm 875nm, 62.5/125µm fibers.
- Signal Format:
- Sampling frequency: 44.1kHz. Quantization Bit: 16bit linear per channel. Channel bit rate: 4.3218Mb/sec. Channel modulation code: EFM (8-14 modulation). Error correction: CIRC (cross interleave Reed Solomon code).
- Drive Mechanism:
- Wow & flutter: Unmeasurable (Quartz stability). Discs: Accepts 5" (12cm) and 3" (8cm) sizes.
- Optical Pickup:
- Type: 3-beam LDGU (Laser Diode & Grating Unit) with holographic diffraction light pen. Laser: GaAIAs semiconductor, 780 nm, 0.5mW max output. Servo: Digitally controlled low-inertia linear positioning actuator.
- Jitter Reduction:
- High-stability crystal-controlled re-clocking for all outputs
- Power Requirements:
- 100-135VAC 60Hz (200-270VAC 50/60Hz), 20 watts maximum. (12 watts standby)
- Phase linearity:±0.5° 20-20,000kHz. Detachable power cord.
- 19" (48 cm) W x 5 ¼" (13.4 cm) H (standard rack panel) x 11 ¾" (29.8 cm) D. Handles extend 1 ½" (3.8 cm) forward of the front panel. Rear connectors extend ¾" (1.9cm).
- 17 lbs. (7.7 kg) Net; 27 lbs. (12.3 kg) Shipping.
What else to know about the Audio Research CD2?The CD2 is a versatile new model that offers the function and output options of a digital transport as well as the convenience of a complete single-chassis CD player. Performance is exceptional when used in either mode. The CD2 uses a rugged CD-rom transport mechanism and laser assembly to accurately read the digital data on compact discs. The digital data-stream is then decoded by a bitstream D/A differential (balanced) decoder capable of 20-bit resolution. The resulting analog signal is subsequently fed to a fully differential, direct-coupled analog output stage using both J-FET and bipolar transistors and regulated supplies. The CD2 includes extensive internal engineering dedicated to the control of mechanical resonances potentially affecting the performance of active circuit components.Consequently, the CD2 has even less measurable jitter than its predecessor models, the CD1/CDT1, which were industry leaders in this important aspect. The CD2 provides exceptional musical resolution from CD sources-smooth, harmonically rich, dynamic output with remarkable retrieval of ambient and dimensional detail. Full handheld IR remote control of all functions is included; essential functions are manually accessible by pushbuttons on the front panel. All functions are described in detail in the CD2 Owner's Manual. \[From the ARC website]
Brief History of Audio Research
Other Audio Research Products We Often Buy
Typically, StereoBuyers purchases mostly used amplifiers, especially the vintage amps and high-end Audio Research models.
StereoBuyers has purchased tens of thousands worth Audio Research brand equipment since 2014, with individual buys ranging from $100 to well over $50,000. If you are moving, ready to upgrade, or have Audio Research equipment you do not or will not be using, why not contact us today to find out if it is worth good money?
If you are interested in selling your used Audio Research equipment to us in the greater NYC area or Colorado, please click here to fill out a Free Quote Form and we will get back to you. If we agree on terms, we come to meet you where you want, and pay cash.
The following images show actual Audio Research equipment purchased by StereoBuyers.