Audio Research is one of the most dependable brand names when it comes to high-end audio systems. For years the brand has been recognized by audiophiles throughout the world as equipment that delivers clear and consistent quality in music.
What are the specs for the Audio Research Classic 120?
- Power Output:
- 110 watts minimum continuous at 16 ohms from 20Hz to 20kHz with less than 1.0% total harmonic distortion (typically below .005% at 1 watt). Approximate actual power available at "clipping"; 115 watts (1kHz)
- Power Bandwidth:
- (-3dB points) 10Hz to 80kHz
- Frequency Response:
- Input Sensitivity:
- .65V RMS for rated output
- Input Impedance:
- 100K ohms
- Output Taps:
- 4, 8, 16 ohms
- Output Regulation:
- Approximately 0.2dB 16 ohm load to open circuit
- Overall Negative Feedback:
- Damping Factor:
- Approximately 45
- Slew Rate:
- Rise Time:
- Hum & Noise:
- Less than 1.0mV RMS - 92dB below rated output (20kHz bandwidth unweighted, input shorted)
- Power Supply Energy Storage:
- Approximately 415 joules
- Power Requirements:
- 105-125VAC 60Hz (210-250VAC 50Hz) 450 watts at rated output, 700 watts maximum, 330 watts at "idle"
- Tube Complement:
- (4 matched pairs) 6550 power output, (2) 6FQ7/6CG7 driver
- 19" (48 cm) W (standard rack panel) x 8 ¾" (22 cm) H x 15 ¾" (40 cm) D (front panel back). Handles extend 1 ⅝" (4.1 cm) forward of the front panel. Output connectors extend 1" behind rear panel.
- 61 lbs. (27.7 kg) Net, 75 lbs. (34.1 kg) Shipping
What else to know about the Audio Research Classic 120?Hybrid Monoblock Power Amplifier introduced in 1990 at $6,995/pair.
Brief History of Audio Research
Other Audio Research Products We Often Buy
Typically, StereoBuyers purchases mostly used amplifiers, especially the vintage amps and high-end Audio Research models.
StereoBuyers has purchased tens of thousands worth Audio Research brand equipment since 2014, with individual buys ranging from $100 to well over $50,000. If you are moving, ready to upgrade, or have Audio Research equipment you do not or will not be using, why not contact us today to find out if it is worth good money?
If you are interested in selling your used Audio Research equipment to us in the greater NYC area or Colorado, please click here to fill out a Free Quote Form and we will get back to you. If we agree on terms, we come to meet you where you want, and pay cash.
The following images show actual Audio Research equipment purchased by StereoBuyers.