Audio Research is one of the most dependable brand names when it comes to high-end audio systems. For years the brand has been recognized by audiophiles throughout the world as equipment that delivers clear and consistent quality in music.
What are the specs for the Audio Research Classic 60?
- Power Output:
- 60 watts minimum continuous at 16 ohms from 15Hz to 20kHz with less than 1.0% total harmonic distortion. Typically below .005% at 1 watt. Approximate actual power available at "clipping": 62 watts. (1kHz) (Note that the actual RMS power output is dependent upon both line voltage and "condition" ie: if power line has high distortion, maximum power will be affected adversely, although from a listening standpoint this is not very critical.)
- Power Bandwidth:
- (-3dB points): 12Hz to 40kHz
- Frequency Response:
- Input Sensitivity:
- .55V RMS for rated output
- Input Impedance:
- 100K ohms, nominal
- Output Taps:
- Output Regulation:
- Approximately 0.3dB 16 ohm load to open circuit
- Overall Negative Feedback:
- Damping Factor:
- Approximately 30
- Slew Rate:
- Rise Time:
- 2.0 µs
- Hum & Noise:
- Less than 2.0mV RMS - 84dB below rated output (20kHz bandwidth unweighted, inputs shorted)
- Power Supply Energy Storage:
- Approximately 280 joules
- Power Requirements:
- 105-125VAC 60Hz (210-250VAC 50Hz) 500 watts at rated output, 700 watts maximum, 370 watts at "idle"
- Tube Complement:
- (4 matched pairs) 6550 power output, (4) 6FQ7/6CG7 drivers
- 19" (48 cm) W (standard rack panel) x 7" (18 cm) H x 15 ¾" (40 cm) D (front panel back). Handles extend 1 ⅝" (4.1 cm) forward of the front panel. Output connectors extend 1" behind rear panel.
- 63 lbs (28.64 kg) Net, 76 lbs (34.55 kg) Shipping
What else to know about the Audio Research Classic 60?Hybrid tube / solid state stereo power amplifier introduced in 1989 with an MSRP of $3,295.00. The new Classic 60 Hybrid Stereo Power Amplifier resembles the long popular D115 in Audio Research's family of High Definition power amplifiers. But its lineage is strictly Classic 150 which means nothing less than state of the art in design, construction, musicality and operational convenience; at an affordable price. Like the Classic 150, the Classic 60 proceeds from the notion that power ratings don't always describe a power amplifier's real capabilities. Far more important are such qualities as dynamic stability, lucidity, subtlety.
Brief History of Audio Research
Other Audio Research Products We Often Buy
Typically, StereoBuyers purchases mostly used amplifiers, especially the vintage amps and high-end Audio Research models.
StereoBuyers has purchased tens of thousands worth Audio Research brand equipment since 2014, with individual buys ranging from $100 to well over $50,000. If you are moving, ready to upgrade, or have Audio Research equipment you do not or will not be using, why not contact us today to find out if it is worth good money?
If you are interested in selling your used Audio Research equipment to us in the greater NYC area or Colorado, please click here to fill out a Free Quote Form and we will get back to you. If we agree on terms, we come to meet you where you want, and pay cash.
The following images show actual Audio Research equipment purchased by StereoBuyers.