Audio Research is one of the most dependable brand names when it comes to high-end audio systems. For years the brand has been recognized by audiophiles throughout the world as equipment that delivers clear and consistent quality in music.
What are the specs for the Audio Research D-110?
- Power Output:
- 110 watts per channel minimum RMS (both channels operating) at 8 ohms from 1 Hz to 20 kHz with less than .25% (D-110B: .1%) total harmonic distortion. Typical .02% at 1 kHz. Typical 220 watts into 4 ohms, 130 watts into 8 ohms, 70 watts into 16 ohms at clipping.
- Power Bandwidth:
- Frequency Response:
- .05 Hz to 100 kHz (-3 dB), 1 W, 8 ohms.
- Input Sensitivity:
- 1.5 Volts RMS for rated power and load.
- Input Impedance:
- D-110: 30K ohms. D-110B: 60K ohms
- Damping Factor:
- D-110: More than 200 at rated output and load (20 Hz to 20 kHz). D-110B: More than 500 (1 Hz to 20 kHz)
- Intermodulation distortion: Less than 0.05% at rated output (80Vp-p) and load, SMPTE method. THD and IMD both decrease with decreasing output (typically less than .02% at 1 watt per channel RMS)
- Hum & Noise:
- D-110: Wide band, unweighted, more than 100 dB below 100 watts at 8 ohms - power line components (hum) 90 dB below 100 watts at 8 ohms. D-110B: Less than 50 microvolts equivalent input noise with shorted inputs (20 Hz to 20 kHz). Typically 95 dB below rated output.
- Power Requirements:
- D-110: 105-120/210-240 VAC 50/60 Hz, 600 watts maximum D-110B: 105-120/210-240 VAC 50/60 Hz, 1500 watts maximum momentary, 550 watts @ rated power, 300 watts @ idle
- Output offset: Less than 10 mV. Protection components: Thermal AC switch, AC line fuse, DC supply fuses, speaker line fuses.
- 19" (48 cm) W (standard rack panel) x 10 ½" (26.5 cm) H x17 ¼" (43.6 cm) D (front panel back). Handles extend 1 ⅝" (4.1 cm) forward of the front panel.
- 92 lbs. (42 kg) Net, 107 lbs. (49 kg) Shipping.
What else to know about the Audio Research D-110?Solid-state stereo power amplifier introduced in 1978 at $1,995.00
Brief History of Audio Research
Other Audio Research Products We Often Buy
Typically, StereoBuyers purchases mostly used amplifiers, especially the vintage amps and high-end Audio Research models.
StereoBuyers has purchased tens of thousands worth Audio Research brand equipment since 2014, with individual buys ranging from $100 to well over $50,000. If you are moving, ready to upgrade, or have Audio Research equipment you do not or will not be using, why not contact us today to find out if it is worth good money?
If you are interested in selling your used Audio Research equipment to us in the greater NYC area or Colorado, please click here to fill out a Free Quote Form and we will get back to you. If we agree on terms, we come to meet you where you want, and pay cash.
The following images show actual Audio Research equipment purchased by StereoBuyers.