Audio Research is one of the most dependable brand names when it comes to high-end audio systems. For years the brand has been recognized by audiophiles throughout the world as equipment that delivers clear and consistent quality in music.
What are the specs for the Audio Research LS17SE?
- Frequency Response:
- +0-3dB, 0.5Hz to 160kHz at rated output (Balanced, 200k ohms load)
- Less than .01% at 2V RMS BAL output.
- Noise & Hum:
- 2.2µV RMS residual IHF weighted balanced equivalent input noise with volume at 1 (101 dB below 2V RMS output).
- Main output: 18dB Balanced output (12dB SE output). Record output: 0dB (Processor input: 0dB SE output).
- Input Impedance:
- 120K ohms Balanced, 60K ohms SE.
- Output Impedance:
- 700 ohms Balanced, 350 ohms SE Main. 20K ohms minimum load and 2000pF maximum capacitance.
- Output Polarity:
- Maximum Inputs:
- 24V RMS BAL, 12V RMS SE.
- Rated Outputs:
- 2V RMS 1Hz to 100kHz into 200K ohm balanced load (maximum balanced output capability is 15V RMS at less than 0.5% THD at 1kHz).
- Power Supplies:
- Electronically regulated low and high voltage supplies. Line regulation better than .01%. Automatic 50 sec. warm-up/brown-out mute.
- Tube Complement:
- (2) 6H30P
- Power Requirements:
- 105-130VAC 60Hz (210-260VAC 50/60Hz) 50 watts maximum.
- Hybrid JFET/tube audio circuit, solid-state power supply. Rotary volume selector (104 steps, 20 LED indicators) and rotary input selector. Push buttons: Power, Monitor, Proc, Mute. Also remote buttons: Bal 1, Bal 2, Aux, Tuner, CD.
- 19" (48 cm) W x 5 ¼"(13.4 cm) H (standard rack panel) x 12"(30.5 cm) D. Handles extend 1½" (3.8 cm) forward of the front panel.
- 13 lbs. (5.9 kg) Net; 23 lbs. (11.5 kg) Shipping.
What else to know about the Audio Research LS17SE?The LS17 SE preamplifier benefits from a long tradition of exceptional preamplifier technology from Audio Research and shares many common traits with its larger peers. The Reference Anniversary has been hailed by many as the greatest preamplifier yet; it also yielded technological developments to be shared across the entire Audio Research product range. The SE treatment of the Reference 5 SE preamplifier and Reference Phono 2 SE phono preamplifier have been applied to the LS17 SE to great success, providing the listener the ability to hear deeper into the performance and overall better musicality in a more affordable package. The LS17 SE maintains the same physical size as its predecessor. The only cosmetic difference is the updated front panel which replaces the black plastic buttons with round metal buttons, complementing the symmetry of the two control knobs flanking the LED display. The display shows volume as well as which input is selected. Front panel controls include power, monitor, mute and processor (pass through). All functions are also accessible via the included handheld remote, and discrete remote codes are available for programming universal-style controllers. Handles finish the understated elegance of the overall appearance. Internally the LS17 SE builds on the architecture of the LS17 and adds SE upgrades to provide exceptional performance. New Teflon coupling capacitors as well as other internal performance enhancements combine to create a preamplifier offering greater detail, spatial cues and dynamic breadth. Two 6H30 twin triodes are at the heart of the Class A audio circuit. A custom designed power transformer provides serious current delivery. In concert, the components of the LS17 SE create a sound that will truly delight the listener – this is a preamplifier dedicated to delivering a great musical experience. The LS17 SE has seven inputs (including the processor input), two of which are balanced. There are four outputs, record and main output 1 (both single-ended) and two balanced outputs. There is also a 12 volt trigger for controlling the power of other system components. The A.C. power input is a 15A connection. \[From the ARC website]
Brief History of Audio Research
Other Audio Research Products We Often Buy
Typically, StereoBuyers purchases mostly used amplifiers, especially the vintage amps and high-end Audio Research models.
StereoBuyers has purchased tens of thousands worth Audio Research brand equipment since 2014, with individual buys ranging from $100 to well over $50,000. If you are moving, ready to upgrade, or have Audio Research equipment you do not or will not be using, why not contact us today to find out if it is worth good money?
If you are interested in selling your used Audio Research equipment to us in the greater NYC area or Colorado, please click here to fill out a Free Quote Form and we will get back to you. If we agree on terms, we come to meet you where you want, and pay cash.
The following images show actual Audio Research equipment purchased by StereoBuyers.