Audio Research is one of the most dependable brand names when it comes to high-end audio systems. For years the brand has been recognized by audiophiles throughout the world as equipment that delivers clear and consistent quality in music.
What are the specs for the Audio Research LS2?
- Frequency Response:
- ± .5dB, 1Hz to 100Hz, -3dB points below 0.1Hz and above 300kHz
- Less than .01% at 2V RMS output (typically less than .005% in midband)
- Noise & Hum:
- 20µV RMS residual 1HF weighted noise at main unbalanced output with gain at minimum (100dB below 2V RMS output). xxx Balanced input noise 100dB below 1V input.
- LS2: Main Output: 18dB. Balanced output: 24dB. Tape output: 0dB (Optional 12dB gain reduction). LS2 MKII: Main Output: 18dB. Balanced output: 24dB. Tape output: 0dB (Optional 9dB gain reduction)
- Input Impedance:
- LS2: 50K ohms. LS2: 50K ohms unbalanced, 3 megaohm balanced.
- Output Impedance:
- LS2: 200 ohms main output. 500 ohms Balanced 1, Balanced 2 (10K ohms minimum load and 2000pF maximum capacitance). LS2 MKII: 200 ohms main output. 400 ohms Balanced 1, Balanced 2 (10K ohms minimum load and 2000pF maximum capacitance)
- Maximum Inputs:
- LS2: 20V maximum. LS2 MKII: 20V maximum unbalanced, 8.5V maximum balanced.
- Rated Output:
- LS2: 2V RMS 1Hz to 100kHz into 60K ohm load (maximum output capability is 10V RMS (20V RMS balanced) output at 05% THD at 1kHz into a 10K ohm load). LS2 MKII: 2V RMS 1Hz to 100kHz into 60K ohm load (maximum output capability is 30V RMS (60V RMS balanced) output at 05% THD at 1kHz into a 10K ohm load)
- Power Supplies:
- Electronically-regulated low and high voltage supplies. Two transformers (toroid for high voltage). Line regulation better than .01%
- Tube Complement:
- LS2: (1) 6DJ8/ECC88. LS2 MKII: (1) 6922.
- Power Requirements:
- 100-135VAC 60Hz (200-270VAC 50/60Hz) 60 watts maximum
- Hybrid FET/Tube audio circuit, solid-state power supply
- 19" (48 cm) W x 5 ¼" (13.4cm) H (standard rack panel) x 10 ¼" (26cm) D. Handles extend 1 ⅝" (4.1cm) forward of front panel. Rear chassis fittings extend ⅞" (2.3cm).
- LS2: 13 lbs. (5.9 kg) Net; 21lbs.(9.5 kg) Shipping. LS2B MKII: 14 lbs. (6.0 kg) Net; 22lbs.(10 kg) Shipping.
What else to know about the Audio Research LS2?Hybrid Tube / FET stereo line stage preamplifier circa 1991.
Brief History of Audio Research
Other Audio Research Products We Often Buy
Typically, StereoBuyers purchases mostly used amplifiers, especially the vintage amps and high-end Audio Research models.
StereoBuyers has purchased tens of thousands worth Audio Research brand equipment since 2014, with individual buys ranging from $100 to well over $50,000. If you are moving, ready to upgrade, or have Audio Research equipment you do not or will not be using, why not contact us today to find out if it is worth good money?
If you are interested in selling your used Audio Research equipment to us in the greater NYC area or Colorado, please click here to fill out a Free Quote Form and we will get back to you. If we agree on terms, we come to meet you where you want, and pay cash.
The following images show actual Audio Research equipment purchased by StereoBuyers.