Audio Research is one of the most dependable brand names when it comes to high-end audio systems. For years the brand has been recognized by audiophiles throughout the world as equipment that delivers clear and consistent quality in music.
What are the specs for the Audio Research LS3?
- Frequency Response:
- ±.5 dB, 2.0 Hz to 100 kHz. -3dB points below 1 Hz and above 200 kHz
- Less than .01% at 2V RMS output. (Typically less than .005% in midband)
- Noise & Hum:
- 18 µV RMS maximum IHF weighted noise at main output with gain control minimum (more than 100 dB below 2V RMS output, or 4V balanced output (LS3B))
- Main output: 18 dB (optional 10 dB gain reduction) Tape output: 0 dB Balanced output (LS3B): 24 dB
- Input Impedance:
- 50 kOhms (100 kOhms Direct)
- Output Impedance:
- 250 Ohms main output. 500 Ohms balanced (LS3B). Recommended load 60K Ohms and 100 pF (20K ohms minimum and 1000 pF maximum)
- Output Polarity:
- Maximum Inputs:
- 20V maximum
- Rated Outputs:
- 2V RMS 2 Hz to 100 kHz, all outputs, 60K ohm load (maximum output 35V RMS (70V RMS balanced) (LS3B) at 1/2% THD at 1 kHz into 100K ohms)
- Power Supplies:
- Electronically-regulated low and high voltage supplies. Line regulation better than .01%.
- Power Requirements:
- 100-135VAC 60 Hz (200-270VAC 50/60 Hz) 25 Watts maximum (35 Watts maximum LS3B)
- 19" (48 cm) W x 5 ¼" (13.4 cm) H (standard rack panel) x 10 ¼" (26 cm) D. Handles extend 1 ⅝" (4.1 cm) forward of front panel. Rear chassis fittings extend ½" (1.3 cm)
- LS3: 11 lbs. (5.0 kg) Net; 20 lbs.(9.0 kg) Shipping. LS3B: 12 lbs. (5.5 kg) Net; 21 lbs.(9.5 kg) Shipping.
What else to know about the Audio Research LS3?Solid-state type stereo line stage preamplifier introduced in 1992 at $1,495.
Brief History of Audio Research
Other Audio Research Products We Often Buy
Typically, StereoBuyers purchases mostly used amplifiers, especially the vintage amps and high-end Audio Research models.
StereoBuyers has purchased tens of thousands worth Audio Research brand equipment since 2014, with individual buys ranging from $100 to well over $50,000. If you are moving, ready to upgrade, or have Audio Research equipment you do not or will not be using, why not contact us today to find out if it is worth good money?
If you are interested in selling your used Audio Research equipment to us in the greater NYC area or Colorado, please click here to fill out a Free Quote Form and we will get back to you. If we agree on terms, we come to meet you where you want, and pay cash.
The following images show actual Audio Research equipment purchased by StereoBuyers.