Audio Research is one of the most dependable brand names when it comes to high-end audio systems. For years the brand has been recognized by audiophiles throughout the world as equipment that delivers clear and consistent quality in music.
What are the specs for the Audio Research LS9?
- Frequency Response:
- ±0.5dB 0.2Hz - 30kHz at rated output, -3dB below 0.1Hz and above 60kHz
- Less than 0.005% at 2V RMS balanced output
- Noise & Hum:
- 20µV RMS residual IHF weighted noise output Bal with volume control set one step up from minimum (100dB below 2V RMS output).
- Main output: 12dB. 6dB SE (optional 18dB Bal). Tape output: 0dB.
- Input Impedance:
- 100K ohms Bal, 50K ohms SE,
- Output Impedance:
- 500 ohms Bal. 250 ohms SE. 10K ohms minimum load and 1000pF capacitance
- Output Polarity:
- Maximum Inputs:
- 14V RMS maximum balanced, 7V RMS maximum SE.
- Rated Outputs:
- 2V RMS into 100K ohms load Bal., 1V RMS into 50K ohms load SE . Maximum Bal. output capacity is 24V RMS at less than 1% THD (1kHz)
- Power Supplies:
- Electronically regulated complimentary voltage supplies using discrete components. Automatic 30 sec warm-up mute. Automatic trip sensor for low-line conditions (stable line resets automatic warm-up mute).
- Power Requiremewnts:
- 100-135VAC 60Hz (200-270VAC 50/60Hz) 20 watts maximum continuous. (There is no power switch)
- Inputs: Digital and Aux are Bal. Tuner, Video, Aux2 and Monitor are SE.Outputs (4): Main Bal. (2), Main SE (1) and Record SE (1).
- 19" (48 cm) W x 3½" (8.9 cm) H x 11" (28 cm) D. Handles extend 1.5 " (3.8 cm) forward of the front panel.
- 11 lbs. (5 kg) Net; 21 lbs. (9.6 kg) Shipping.
What else to know about the Audio Research LS9?The LS9 is an all-new, all-solid-state line level preamplifier which replaces the LS3/3B series. Using a low-voltage, pure Class A gain circuit with direct-coupled output (no coupling caps are used in the signal path), the LS9 yields 12dB of overall gain (factory adjustable to 18dB gain if necessary). Output capability is a substantial 24V RMS from the balanced main outputs. The LS9 also features complete IR remote control of all front panel functions, including a 70-step electronic relay volume attenuator and input selection. The LS9 offers two pairs of dedicated balanced inputs, three pairs of dedicated single-ended inputs; and a full tape monitor loop (single-ended in and out) is also provided. The LS9 is designed to be left on continuously, drawing only 20 watts maximum continuous power. Housed in full-width 3½" high chassis, the LS9 is a model of slim elegance that will fit neatly into almost any conceivable cabinet or shelving system. Since it generates very little heat internally, it may safely be left behind closed doors when not in use. \[From the ARC website]
Brief History of Audio Research
Other Audio Research Products We Often Buy
Typically, StereoBuyers purchases mostly used amplifiers, especially the vintage amps and high-end Audio Research models.
StereoBuyers has purchased tens of thousands worth Audio Research brand equipment since 2014, with individual buys ranging from $100 to well over $50,000. If you are moving, ready to upgrade, or have Audio Research equipment you do not or will not be using, why not contact us today to find out if it is worth good money?
If you are interested in selling your used Audio Research equipment to us in the greater NYC area or Colorado, please click here to fill out a Free Quote Form and we will get back to you. If we agree on terms, we come to meet you where you want, and pay cash.
The following images show actual Audio Research equipment purchased by StereoBuyers.