Audio Research is one of the most dependable brand names when it comes to high-end audio systems. For years the brand has been recognized by audiophiles throughout the world as equipment that delivers clear and consistent quality in music.
What are the specs for the Audio Research LS15?
- Frequency Response:
- ± .5dB, 2Hz to 30kHz at rated output. -3dB points below 0.3Hz and above 80kHz.
- Less than .01% at 2V RMS balanced output
- Noise & Hum:
- 25µV RMS residual IHF weighted balanced noise output with gain control at minimum, 98dB below 2V RMS output
- Main output: 12.5dB Balanced, 6.5dB SE. Tape output: 0dB.
- Input Impedance:
- 200K ohms balanced, 100K ohms SE
- Output Impedance:
- 600 ohms Balanced, 300 ohms SE Main (2), 40K ohms minimum load and 1000pF maximum capacitance.
- Output Polarity:
- Maximum Inputs:
- 14V RMS maximum balanced, 7V RMS SE.
- Rated Outputs:
- 2V RMS (1V RMS SE) into 200K ohm Balanced load (maximum Balanced output capability is 30V RMS at less than 1% THD at 1kHz
- Power Supplies:
- Electronically regulated low and high voltage supplies. Automatic 30 second warmup mute. Automatic brown-out mute.
- Tube Complement:
- (4) 6922/E88CC
- Power Requirements:
- 100-135VAC 60Hz (200-270VAC 50/60Hz) 35 watts maximum
- Vacuum tube audio circuit, solid-state power supply. Inputs: SE1, SE2, SE3, SE4, Bal, Direct (Bal) and Monitor (SE). Outputs: 2 Main Bal, 1 Main SE, 1 Record SE
- 19" (48 cm) W x 5 ¼" (13.3 cm) H (standard rack panel) x 10½" (26.7 cm) D. Handles extend 1½" (3.8 cm) forward of the front panel.
- 11.6 lbs. (5.3 kg) Net; 20 lbs.(9.1 kg) Shipping.
What else to know about the Audio Research LS15?The LS15 is an all-new line-level preamplifier which replaces the LS2/2BMKII series. It features all-tube gain (12 dB standard) using four 6922 twin triode tubes in a Class A, fully differential zero feedback (balanced) circuit with electronically regulated high and low-voltage supplies. The LS15 includes handheld IR remote control of all essential front-panel functions. An onboard microprocessor controls a 70-step electronic relay attenuator and 5-position input selector. An additional Direct input (balanced) provides a highest-signal-purity path for your favorite music source. A total of two balanced and five single-ended (including tape) dedicated inputs are included. Main outputs are balanced and single-ended, with one pair of single-ended tape outputs. Spring-activated toggle switches activate electronic relays to control key functions with minimal signal degradation. Factory-set gain of 18 dB is optional at no charge. The anodized front panel is available in natural aluminum or black, cabinet style or with rack-mount holes. \[From the ARC website]
Brief History of Audio Research
Other Audio Research Products We Often Buy
Typically, StereoBuyers purchases mostly used amplifiers, especially the vintage amps and high-end Audio Research models.
StereoBuyers has purchased tens of thousands worth Audio Research brand equipment since 2014, with individual buys ranging from $100 to well over $50,000. If you are moving, ready to upgrade, or have Audio Research equipment you do not or will not be using, why not contact us today to find out if it is worth good money?
If you are interested in selling your used Audio Research equipment to us in the greater NYC area or Colorado, please click here to fill out a Free Quote Form and we will get back to you. If we agree on terms, we come to meet you where you want, and pay cash.
The following images show actual Audio Research equipment purchased by StereoBuyers.