Audio Research is one of the most dependable brand names when it comes to high-end audio systems. For years the brand has been recognized by audiophiles throughout the world as equipment that delivers clear and consistent quality in music.
What are the specs for the Audio Research PH1?
- Frequency Response:
- ±.25dB of RIAA, 10Hz to 60kHz. 3dB points below 0.5Hz and above 150kHz
- Less than .005% at .25V RMS 1kHz output
- Noise & Hum:
- 0.12µV equivalent input noise, IHF weighted, shorted input (78dB below 1mV input)
- 48dB at 1kHz (MC and MM compatible)
- Input Impedance:
- 47K ohms (Provisions for any value below 47K ohms or added input capacitance for matching certain magnetic cartridges)
- Output Impedance:
- 350 ohms. Recommended load 50K-100K ohms and 100pF. (10K ohms minimum and 2000pF maximum)
- Output Polarity:
- Maximum Inputs :
- 160mV RMS at 1kHz (800mV RMS at 10kHz)
- Rated Outputs :
- .25V RMS 10Hz to 60kHz, 100K ohm load (output capability is 50V RMS output at ½% THD at 1kHz)
- Power Supplies:
- Electronically-regulated low and high voltage supplies and electronic decoupling. Shielded toroid transformer. Line level regulation better than .01%
- Power Requirements:
- 100-135VAC 60Hz (200-270VAC 50/60Hz) 35 Watts
- Switches (2): Power, Mute
- 19" (48 cm) W x 5¼" (13.4 cm) H (standard rack panel) x 10¼" (26 cm) D. Handles extend 1 ⅝" (4.1 cm) forward of front panel. Rear chassis fittings extend ⅞" (2.3 cm)
- 10 lbs. (4.5 kg) Net; 19 lbs. (8.6 kg) Shipping
What else to know about the Audio Research PH1?Solid state stereo phono preamplifier introduced in 1992 with an MSRP of $1,495.00.
Brief History of Audio Research
Other Audio Research Products We Often Buy
Typically, StereoBuyers purchases mostly used amplifiers, especially the vintage amps and high-end Audio Research models.
StereoBuyers has purchased tens of thousands worth Audio Research brand equipment since 2014, with individual buys ranging from $100 to well over $50,000. If you are moving, ready to upgrade, or have Audio Research equipment you do not or will not be using, why not contact us today to find out if it is worth good money?
If you are interested in selling your used Audio Research equipment to us in the greater NYC area or Colorado, please click here to fill out a Free Quote Form and we will get back to you. If we agree on terms, we come to meet you where you want, and pay cash.
The following images show actual Audio Research equipment purchased by StereoBuyers.