Audio Research is one of the most dependable brand names when it comes to high-end audio systems. For years the brand has been recognized by audiophiles throughout the world as equipment that delivers clear and consistent quality in music.
What are the specs for the Audio Research Reference One?
- Frequency Response:
- .5dB, 1.0Hz to 200kHz at rated output. -3dB points below 0.3Hz and above 400kHz.
- Less than .015% at 4V RMS Balanced output
- Noise & Hum:
- 13µV RMS residual IHF weighted balanced noise output with gain control minimum (110dB below 4V RMS output, 93dB below 2V RMS SE output).
- Main output: 12.3dB Balanced, 6.3dB Single Ended. Tape output: 0dB.
- Input Impedance:
- 220K ohms Balanced, 110K ohms SE
- Output Impedance:
- 400 ohms Balanced, 200 ohms SE main (2), 20K ohms minimum load and 2000pF maximum capacitance.
- Output Polarity:
- Maximum Inputs:
- 7.0V RMS maximum Balanced, (3.5V RMS SE).
- Rated Outputs:
- 4V RMS (2V RMS SE) into 100K ohm balanced load (maximum balanced output capability is 30V RMS at less than 0.5% THD at 1kHz).
- Power Supplies:
- Electronically regulated low and high voltage supplies. Automatic 45 sec. warm-up/brown-out mute. Line regulation better than .01%.
- Tube Complement:
- (8) 6922/E88CC
- Power Requirements:
- 100-135VAC 60Hz (200-270VAC 50/60Hz) 90 watts maximum.
- Vacuum tube audio circuit, solid-state power supply. Inputs (8): tape, tuner, phono, CD, video, aux 1, aux 2, aux 3, (XLR and RCA connectors). Outputs (3): 2 main, 1 tape (XLR and RCA connectors). Controls: Gain, Balance, Select Record, Select Input. Toggle switches: Power/Off, SE/Balanced Input, Invert/Normal, Mute/Operate.
- 19" (48 cm) W x 7" (17.8 cm) H (standard rack panel) x 15½" (39.4 cm) D. Handles extend 1 ½" (3.8 cm) forward of the front panel.
- 30 lbs. (13.6 kg) Net; 43 lbs. (19.5 kg) Shipping.
What else to know about the Audio Research Reference One?The most advanced design ever offered by Audio Research. All vacuum-tube gain (12 or 18 dB) with full microprocessor control of volume, balance, record and input selection. Fully regulated power supplies, dedicated power and logic transformers and four isolated circuit modules with audiophile-grade components throughout. No mechanical switches degrade the signal path; electronic relays are used exclusively. All front-panel functions (including mute and phase inversion) are achievable via the included handheld remote control. Both balanced and single-ended inputs (eight plus full tape/processor loop) and outputs (two main, one tape) are offered, allowing simple connection to any conceivable input source. Reference Series products feature anodized quarter-inch side panels with countersunk fasteners for clean lines and enduring mechanical integrity. \[From the ARC website]
Brief History of Audio Research
Other Audio Research Products We Often Buy
Typically, StereoBuyers purchases mostly used amplifiers, especially the vintage amps and high-end Audio Research models.
StereoBuyers has purchased tens of thousands worth Audio Research brand equipment since 2014, with individual buys ranging from $100 to well over $50,000. If you are moving, ready to upgrade, or have Audio Research equipment you do not or will not be using, why not contact us today to find out if it is worth good money?
If you are interested in selling your used Audio Research equipment to us in the greater NYC area or Colorado, please click here to fill out a Free Quote Form and we will get back to you. If we agree on terms, we come to meet you where you want, and pay cash.
The following images show actual Audio Research equipment purchased by StereoBuyers.