Audio Research is one of the most dependable brand names when it comes to high-end audio systems. For years the brand has been recognized by audiophiles throughout the world as equipment that delivers clear and consistent quality in music.
What are the specs for the Audio Research SP-2?
- Frequency Response:
- Aux and tuner inputs: ±1 dB 20 Hz to 20 kHz. Magnetic phono input: ±1 dB of RIAA curve. Magnetic tape input: ±1 dB of Ampex Playback curve
- Less than .01% at 5 Volts RMS output 1 kHz on either aux or magnetic phono input, gain max, high impedance. Impulse distortion: Essentially none, 30 Hz to 15 kHz
- Noise & Hum:
- Aux: 90 dB below 1 Volt input. Mag: 60 dB below 10 mVolt input
- Aux: 20 dB (voltage gain of 10X). Mag: 54 dB (voltage gain of 500X)
- Input Impedance:
- Aux: 500 kOhms. Mag: 50 kOhms
- Rated Outputs:
- Maximum output level: At least 30 Volts RMS 1 kHz into high impedance.
- Tube Complement:
- (10) 12AX7
- Power Requirements:
- 117V 50/60Hz approximately 30 watts
- Output load: Up tp 2000pF and down to 10 kOhm for 5 Volts RMS output. Tone control range: ±15 dB at 20 Hz and 10 kHz
- Panel: 15 ⅝" W x 5" H, overall depth 14 ½". Panel mounting cutout: 4 ¾" H x 15 ¼" W. Depth behind panel: 14" (includes cable clearance). Knob and panel clearance: 1 ¼"
- 16 lbs. Net, 19 lbs. Shipping
What else to know about the Audio Research SP-2?Tube stereo preamplifier with phono stage introduced in 1970. Often labeled as "Electronic Industries".
Brief History of Audio Research
Other Audio Research Products We Often Buy
Typically, StereoBuyers purchases mostly used amplifiers, especially the vintage amps and high-end Audio Research models.
StereoBuyers has purchased tens of thousands worth Audio Research brand equipment since 2014, with individual buys ranging from $100 to well over $50,000. If you are moving, ready to upgrade, or have Audio Research equipment you do not or will not be using, why not contact us today to find out if it is worth good money?
If you are interested in selling your used Audio Research equipment to us in the greater NYC area or Colorado, please click here to fill out a Free Quote Form and we will get back to you. If we agree on terms, we come to meet you where you want, and pay cash.
The following images show actual Audio Research equipment purchased by StereoBuyers.