Audio Research is one of the most dependable brand names when it comes to high-end audio systems. For years the brand has been recognized by audiophiles throughout the world as equipment that delivers clear and consistent quality in music.
What are the specs for the Audio Research SP-5?
- Frequency Response:
- High level sections: ±.25 dB 20 Hz to 20 kHz. -3 dB points,1 Hz and 100 kHz. Magnetic phono: ±.5 dB of RIAA, 20 Hz to 20 kHz. Optional moving coil pre-preamp (MCP-1) -3 dB points, 1 Hz and 100 kHz.
- Harmonic distortion: Less than 0.005% at 2 V RMS output (IHF load). Intermodulation distortion: Less than 0.005% at 2 V RMS output (IHF load, SMPTE method). THD and IMD decreases with decreasing output.
- Noise and Hum:
- High level inputs, more than 90 dB below 2 V RMS output. Magnetic phono input, less than 1 µV equivalent input noise with 1 Kohms input (RIAA weighted). Typically 80 dB below 10 mV input at 1 kHz.
- Magnetic phono input to tape output, 36 dB. Magnetic phono input to main output, 60 dB. High level inputs to main output, 24 dB.
- Input Impedance:
- 50 Kohms (nominal, all inputs). Magnetic phono 50 Kohms 200 pF (capacitance value may be reduced to 50 pF minimum, or increased as necessary).
- Output Impedance:
- 50 ohms, recommended minimum load for maximum audio quality, 10 Kohms.
- Maximum Inputs:
- High level inputs, esentially overload proof. Magnetic phono input, 150 mV RMS @ 1 kHz.
- Rated Outputs:
- Maximum output 10 V RMS (all outputs, IHF load).
- Power Supplies:
- Power Requirements:
- 105-120/210-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 20 watts
- 19" (48 cm) W (standard rack mount front panel size) x 3 ½" (8.9 cm) H x 8 ½" (21 cm) D. Handles extend 1 ½" (3.8 cm) forward of panel. Rear chassis fittings extend ¾" (1.9 cm).
- 16 lbs. (7.3 kg) Net, 20 lbs. (9.1 kg) Shipping
What else to know about the Audio Research SP-5?Solid state stereo preamplifier with phono stage introduced in 1977 for $595.
Brief History of Audio Research
Other Audio Research Products We Often Buy
Typically, StereoBuyers purchases mostly used amplifiers, especially the vintage amps and high-end Audio Research models.
StereoBuyers has purchased tens of thousands worth Audio Research brand equipment since 2014, with individual buys ranging from $100 to well over $50,000. If you are moving, ready to upgrade, or have Audio Research equipment you do not or will not be using, why not contact us today to find out if it is worth good money?
If you are interested in selling your used Audio Research equipment to us in the greater NYC area or Colorado, please click here to fill out a Free Quote Form and we will get back to you. If we agree on terms, we come to meet you where you want, and pay cash.
The following images show actual Audio Research equipment purchased by StereoBuyers.