Audio Research is one of the most dependable brand names when it comes to high-end audio systems. For years the brand has been recognized by audiophiles throughout the world as equipment that delivers clear and consistent quality in music.
What are the specs for the Audio Research SP14?
- Frequency Response:
- High level section: ±.5dB, 5Hz to 50kHz, -3db points below 1Hz and above 200 kHz. Magnetic phono: ±.3dB of RIAA, 30Hz to 40kHz
- Less than .01% at 2V RMS output
- Noise & Hum:
- High level: (1) 70 µV RMS maximum residual unweighted wideband noise at main output with gain control minimum (98 dB below 5V RMS output) (2) More than 100dB below 1V RMS input (less than 7 µV equivalent input noise). Phono: 0.12 µV equivalent input noise, IHF weighted, shorted input (78dB below 1mV input).
- Phono input to tape output: 46 dB. Phono input to main output: 66 dB. High level inputs to tape output: 0 dB. High level inputs to main output: 20 dB.
- Input Impedance:
- Line inputs: 50 K ohms. Phono: 47K ohms (provisions for any value below 47K ohms or added input capacitance for matching certain magnetic cartridges.)
- Output Impedance:
- 250 ohms main output, 1000 ohms recorder output. Recommended load 60K - 100K ohms and 100pF. (20K ohms minimum and 1000pF maximum)
- Output Polarity :
- Maximum Inputs:
- Magnetic phono, 200mV at 1kHz (1000mV RMS, 10 kHz). High level inputs essentially overload-proof.
- Rated Outputs:
- 2V RMS 5 Hz to 50 kHz, all outputs; 60K ohm load (main output capability is 50V RMS output at .5% THD at 1kHz into a 100K ohm load with 5V RMS high level input)
- Power Supplies:
- Electronically-regulated low and high voltage supplies and electronic decoupling. Shielded toroid transformer. Line regulation better than .01%.
- Tube Complement:
- (1) 6DJ8/ECC88
- Power Requirements:
- 100-135VAC 60Hz (200-270VAC 50/60Hz) 60 Watts
- Hybrid FET/Tube audio circuit, solid-state power supply. Inputs (7): Phono, C-D, Tuner, Video, Spare, Tape 1, Tape 2. Outputs (4): (2) Main, (2) Recorder. Controls (6): Gain, Attenuation, Balance. Mode, Record Out, Input. Switches (8): Power, Outlets, Bypass, Mute, Copy, Tape 1 to 2/2 to 1, Tape 2/1, Monitor.
- 19” (48 cm) W x 5 ¼” (13.4 cm) H (standard rack panel) x 10 ¼” (26 cm) D. Handles extend 1 ⅝" (4.1 cm) forward of front panel. Rear chassis fittings extend ⅞" (2.3 cm)
- 12 lbs. (5.5kg) Net, 21 lbs. (9.6 kg) Shipping
What else to know about the Audio Research SP14?Hybrid tube / solid state preamplifier with phono stage introduced in 1989 with an MSRP of $2,995.
Brief History of Audio Research
Other Audio Research Products We Often Buy
Typically, StereoBuyers purchases mostly used amplifiers, especially the vintage amps and high-end Audio Research models.
StereoBuyers has purchased tens of thousands worth Audio Research brand equipment since 2014, with individual buys ranging from $100 to well over $50,000. If you are moving, ready to upgrade, or have Audio Research equipment you do not or will not be using, why not contact us today to find out if it is worth good money?
If you are interested in selling your used Audio Research equipment to us in the greater NYC area or Colorado, please click here to fill out a Free Quote Form and we will get back to you. If we agree on terms, we come to meet you where you want, and pay cash.
The following images show actual Audio Research equipment purchased by StereoBuyers.