Audio Research is one of the most dependable brand names when it comes to high-end audio systems. For years the brand has been recognized by audiophiles throughout the world as equipment that delivers clear and consistent quality in music.
What are the specs for the Audio Research VS110?
- Power Output:
- 100 watts per channel continuous from 20Hz to 20kHz. 1kHz total harmonic distortion typically 0.5% at 100 watts, below .05% at 1 watt. Approximate actual power available at "clipping": 120 watts
- Power Bandwidth:
- (-3dB points) 10Hz to 40kHz
- Frequency Response:
- (-3dB points at 1 watt) 0.8 Hz to 40 kHz
- Input Sensitivity:
- 1.1V RMS Single-ended for rated output. (28dB gain into 8 ohms)
- Input Impedance:
- 100K ohms Single-ended
- Output Taps:
- 8 ohms, 4 ohms
- Output Regulation:
- Approximately 0.9dB 8 ohm load to open circuit
- Overall Negative Feedback:
- Damping Factor:
- Approximately 11
- 1kHz total harmonic distortion typically 0.5% at 100 watts, below .05% at 1 watt
- Slew Rate:
- 6 V/µs
- Rise Time:
- 10 µs
- Hum & Noise:
- Less than 0.2mV RMS - 103dB below rated output (IHF weighted, input shorted)
- Power Supply Energy Storage:
- Approximately 332 joules
- Power Requirements:
- 105-125VAC 60Hz (210-250VAC 50Hz) 620 watts at rated output, 900 watts maximum, 400 watts at "idle"
- Tube Complement:
- (4 matched pairs) 6550EH power output, (5) 6N1P input and driver
- Output polarity: Non-inverting. Voltmeter test points for bias. 12 VDC in/out trigger. Detachable 14 gauge AC line cord with IEC socket.
- 17½" (44.5 cm) W x 7.9" (20.1 cm) H x 19" (48.3 cm) D. Rear connectors extend .88" beyond chassis
- 61 lbs. (27.7 kg) Net; 69 lbs. (31.4 kg) Shipping.
What else to know about the Audio Research VS110?Given the enthusiastic response to the appearance and sonic performance of the VS55, you will be happy to know that a more powerful version of this remarkable amplifier is now available: the VS110, rated at 100 WPC. This brings vacuum-tube musicality as only Audio Research can do it to a new power level and price. The chassis, circuit layout and feature set of the VS110 are almost identical to the VS55, but scaled up to accomodate the greater power output. The chassis itself measures 17 ½" W by 19" D, and features an anodized, natural-finish top plate labeled with tube location/type, output-tube bias access points and the inset Audio Research logo. The chassis front holds a rocker-style power switch and green LED "on" indicator. The chassis rear provides the 0-4-8 ohm 5-way binding posts, voltmeter test points for setting bias, a 12V in/out trigger and a detachable 14-gauge A.C. line cord with IEC socket. There are two matched pair of 6550C output tubes in each channel, fed by two 6NIP triode driver/followers, which in turn are fed by a single 6NIP input tube. Storage capacity of the bulk power supply is double that of the VS55 and uses the same type of fast, low-ESR Nichicon® capacitors. The simplicity and purity of the audio circuit is a proven performer, but now it can deliver more power for larger speakers in larger rooms. Like the VS55, the VS110 ships in one color /chassis configuration, black with natural anodized top plate. A perforated cage-type cover is optional, and must be ordered as a separate item. The sonic signature of the VS110 is very much like that of the VS55, but with more robust dynamics, greater bass impact and power, and a larger soundstage. With so much similarity between these two amplifiers, choosing the right amplifier is simple. The look, the feature set, the circuit types are identical: it is simply a question of how much power you need or want. The VS110 combines classic tube-amplifier appeal with robust power, genuine musicality and solid value. And don't forget Audio Research's unmatched record for long-term product support - a key measure of keeping customers satisfied, decade after decade. \[From the ARC website]
Brief History of Audio Research
Other Audio Research Products We Often Buy
Typically, StereoBuyers purchases mostly used amplifiers, especially the vintage amps and high-end Audio Research models.
StereoBuyers has purchased tens of thousands worth Audio Research brand equipment since 2014, with individual buys ranging from $100 to well over $50,000. If you are moving, ready to upgrade, or have Audio Research equipment you do not or will not be using, why not contact us today to find out if it is worth good money?
If you are interested in selling your used Audio Research equipment to us in the greater NYC area or Colorado, please click here to fill out a Free Quote Form and we will get back to you. If we agree on terms, we come to meet you where you want, and pay cash.
The following images show actual Audio Research equipment purchased by StereoBuyers.