Audio Research is one of the most dependable brand names when it comes to high-end audio systems. For years the brand has been recognized by audiophiles throughout the world as equipment that delivers clear and consistent quality in music.
What are the specs for the Audio Research VT100?
- Power Output:
- 100 watts minimum continuous from 20Hz to 20kHz. 1kHz total harmonic distortion typically 1% (VT100 MKIII: 0.3%) at 100 watts, below .05% (VT100 MKIII: 0.03%) at 1 watt.
- Power Bandwidth:
- (-3dB points) 15Hz to 80kHz. VT100 MKIII: (-3dB points) 12Hz to 60kHz
- Frequency Response:
- (-3dB points at 1 watt) 1Hz to 100 kHz. VT100 MKIII: (-3dB points at 1 watt) 1Hz to 80 kHz
- Input Sensitivity:
- 1.9V RMS (Bal or SE) for rated output. (23.5 dB gain into 8 ohms.). VT100 MKIII: 1.7V RMS (Bal, 0.87V RMS SE) for rated output. (24.3 dB Bal gain, 32.2dB SE gain into 8 ohms.)
- Input Impedance:
- 200K ohms Balanced, 100K ohms Single-ended.
- Output Taps:
- 8 ohms, 4 ohms
- Output Regulation:
- Approximately 0.8dB 8 ohm load to open circuit
- Overall Negative Feedback:
- 10dB. VT100 MKIII: 15dB
- Damping Factor:
- Approximately 11
- 1kHz total harmonic distortion typically 1% at 100 watts, below .05% at 1 watt
- Slew Rate:
- 15 Volts/µs. VT100 MKIII: 8 Volts/µs
- Rise Time:
- 3 µs. VT100 MKIII: 4 µs
- Hum & Noise:
- Less than 0.5mV RMS - 95dB below rated output (IHF weighted, input shorted). VT100 MKIII: Less than 0.2mV RMS - 103dB below rated output (IHF weighted, Bal input shorted)
- Power Supply Energy Storage:
- VT100: 270 joules. VT100 MKII/III: 540 joules
- Power Requirements:
- 105-125VAC 60Hz (210-250VAC 50Hz) 585 watts at rated output, 750 watts maximum, 380 watts at "idle". VT100 MKII/III: 105-125VAC 60Hz (210-250VAC 50Hz) 650 watts at rated output, 800 watts maximum, 440 watts at "idle"
- Tube Complement:
- VT100: (4 matched pairs) 6550 power output, (8) 6922. VT100 MKII: (4 matched pairs) 6550C power output, (4) 6922 driver, (4) 6922 input. VT100 MKIII: (4 matched pairs) 6550C power output, (4) 6H30 driver
- 19" (48.3 cm) W x 8 ¾" (22.2 cm) H x 19½" (49.5 cm) D. Handles extend 1½" (3.8 cm) forward
- VT100: 65 lbs. (29.5 kg) Net; 83 lbs. (37.7 kg) Shipping. VT100 MKII: 66.7 lbs. (30.3 kg) Net; 83.7 lbs. (38.0 kg) Shipping. VT100 MKIII: 65.9 lbs. (30.0 kg) Net; 82.0 lbs. (37.3 kg) Shipping.
What else to know about the Audio Research VT100?The VT100 is a new all-tube, balanced stereo power amplifier that draws upon the advanced technology of the flagship Reference Series models. Rated at 100 watts continuous output per channel, the VT100 is a Class AB, differential circuit design using two matched pair of 6550 output tubes in each channel, along with four 6922 twin triodes per channel for input and driver stages. A fully regulated, 270-joule power supply is distributed between two separate, isolated output circuit boards for short signal paths and true "dual mono" operation back to the massive main power transformer. Constant-current sources in the input stage help maintain stable drive characteristics and differential balance under the dynamic conditions of music reproduction. Ultralinear output transformers and partial cathode coupling to the output terminals give the VT100 higher efficiency and lower output impedance than conventional designs for better drive into a wide variety of loudspeaker loads. Inputs include both single ended and balanced. Output terminals are custom-machined, heavy duty, gold-over-brass posts. A spacious chassis and open internal architecture allow ample convection cooling without fans. \[From the ARC website]
Brief History of Audio Research
Other Audio Research Products We Often Buy
Typically, StereoBuyers purchases mostly used amplifiers, especially the vintage amps and high-end Audio Research models.
StereoBuyers has purchased tens of thousands worth Audio Research brand equipment since 2014, with individual buys ranging from $100 to well over $50,000. If you are moving, ready to upgrade, or have Audio Research equipment you do not or will not be using, why not contact us today to find out if it is worth good money?
If you are interested in selling your used Audio Research equipment to us in the greater NYC area or Colorado, please click here to fill out a Free Quote Form and we will get back to you. If we agree on terms, we come to meet you where you want, and pay cash.
The following images show actual Audio Research equipment purchased by StereoBuyers.