Audio Research is one of the most dependable brand names when it comes to high-end audio systems. For years the brand has been recognized by audiophiles throughout the world as equipment that delivers clear and consistent quality in music.
What are the specs for the Audio Research VT60?
- Power Output:
- 50 watts minimum continuous from 20Hz to 20kHz. 1kHz total harmonic distortion typically 1% at 50 watts, below .05% at 1 watt. Approximate actual power available at "clipping": 52 watts (1kHz)
- Power Bandwidth:
- (-3dB points) 15Hz to 40kHz
- Frequency Response:
- (-3dB points at 1 watt) 3Hz to 40 kHz
- Input Sensitivity:
- 1.05V RMS for rated output
- Input Impedance:
- 100K ohms unbalanced
- Output Taps:
- Output Regulation:
- Approximately 0.6dB 16 ohm load to open circuit
- Overall Negative Feedback:
- Damping Factor:
- Approximately 14
- 1kHz total harmonic distortion typically 1% at 50 watts, below .05% at 1 watt.
- Slew Rate:
- 7 V/µs
- Rise Time:
- 10 µs
- Hum & Noise:
- Less than 0.5mV RMS - 95dB below rated output (IHF weighted, input shorted)
- Power Supply Energy Storage:
- Approximately 184 joules
- Power Requirements:
- 105-125VAC 60Hz (210-250VAC 50Hz) 265 watts at rated output, 300 watts maximum, 175 watts at "idle"
- Tube Complement:
- (2 matched pairs) 6550B power output, (2) 6922 driver, (1) 6922 input
- VT60: 14" (35.6 cm) W x 7" (17.8 cm) H x 13.3" (33.8 cm) D. Output connectors extend 1" (2.5 cm) to the rear.
- VT60: 32.7 lbs. (14.9 kg) Net; 48 lbs. (21.8 kg) Shipping. VT60SE: 36 lbs Net.
What else to know about the Audio Research VT60?Stereo Vacuum Tube Power Amplifier circa 1994.
Brief History of Audio Research
Other Audio Research Products We Often Buy
Typically, StereoBuyers purchases mostly used amplifiers, especially the vintage amps and high-end Audio Research models.
StereoBuyers has purchased tens of thousands worth Audio Research brand equipment since 2014, with individual buys ranging from $100 to well over $50,000. If you are moving, ready to upgrade, or have Audio Research equipment you do not or will not be using, why not contact us today to find out if it is worth good money?
If you are interested in selling your used Audio Research equipment to us in the greater NYC area or Colorado, please click here to fill out a Free Quote Form and we will get back to you. If we agree on terms, we come to meet you where you want, and pay cash.
The following images show actual Audio Research equipment purchased by StereoBuyers.