McIntosh is one of the most dependable brand names when it comes to high-end audio systems. For years the brand has been recognized by audiophiles throughout the world as equipment that delivers clear and consistent quality in music. McIntosh is probably best known for its amplifiers and preamps, but the company produces many other components and parts for stereo and home theatre.
What are the specs for the McIntosh C 2600?
- Total Harmonic Distortion:
- Frequency Response:
- +0, -0.5dB from 20Hz to 20kHz, +0, -3dB from 15Hz to 100kHz
- Maximum Volts Out (Balanced / Unbalanced):
- 16V RMS / 8V RMS
- Sensitivity High Level (Balanced / Unbalanced):
- 900mV / 450mV
- Sensitivity Phono (Moving Coil):
- Sensitivity Phono (Moving Magnet):
- Signal To Noise Ratio (High Level):
- Signal To Noise Ratio (Moving Coil):
- Signal To Noise Ratio (Moving Magnet):
- Voltage Gain (High Level):
- Voltage Gain (Moving Coil):
- Voltage Gain (Moving Magnet):
- Input Impedance (Balanced / Unbalanced):
- 44K ohm, 22K ohm Dimensions (W x H x D), 17.5"" (44.45cm) x 7.625"" (19.37cm) x 18"" (45.72cm)
- 29.5 lbs (13.4kg)
Brief History of McIntosh
Long mapped-to Binghamton New York – the current headquarters and manufacturing center for McIntosh Labs – not many people know the brand was originally launched outside of the Nation’s Capital in Silver Spring Maryland, in 1949. In 1956, the brand built their original facility in New York, according to the official brand website.
Other McIntosh Products We Often Buy
Typically, StereoBuyers purchases mostly used amplifiers, especially the vintage amps and high-end McIntosh models such as the MC202 or MC252, and the C220 preamp, for example. We have also purchased many pre-owned tuners from McIntosh over the recent years, including the MR67 and MR78 models, for example.
StereoBuyers has purchased tens of thousands worth McIntosh brand equipment since 2014, with individual buys ranging from $100 to well over $50,000. If you are moving, ready to upgrade, or have McIntosh equipment you do not or will not be using, why not contact us today to find out if it is worth good money?
If you are interested in selling your used McIntosh equipment to us in the greater NYC area or Colorado, please click here to fill out a Free Quote Form and we will get back to you. If we agree on terms, we come to meet you where you want, and pay cash.
The following images show actual McIntosh equipment purchased by StereoBuyers.